How to Design an Amazing Corporate Event in Salt Lake City
re you an event planner looking for the perfect location for a corporate event? Look no further than Salt Lake City, Utah! With its rich history, vibrant culture, and nearby mountain activities, Salt Lake City has something to offer every type of event planner. Whether you are looking to host a casual team offsite, a formal corporate gathering or a brand-driven conference, Salt Lake City has a range of amazing venues to offer Utah event planners. Keep reading to discover the best ways to design an amazing corporate event in Salt Lake City that spotlights the best of the city.
The Best of Salt Lake City
You know that feeling, when you visit a place and every time you turn a corner you say, *WOW*? In a word, that is Salt Lake City.... WOW!
Salt Lake City is the perfect place to plan your corporate event. With its stunning natural beauty and amazing selection of activities, Salt Lake City offers a wealth of possibilities for event planners. From the vibrant downtown area to the stunning mountains just outside of town (but in seemingly every vista), there are plenty of options for corporate events in Salt Lake City. Here are some highlights:
- The Views, the Mountains. I know, this is supposed to be all business, but the views are stunning and make you feel like you've been dropped in paradise.
- The Salt Palace Convention Center. I didn't think it was possible to get so excited about a convention center. It's a gorgeous building with Silver LEED Certification and a rooftop solar panel array. Definitely ask the team about their sustainability practices!
- Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City. The gorgeous new Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City is a fully-contained conference hotel, but is also conveniently connected to the Salt Palace, so you can easily house guests and extend your meeting space if needed for larger city-wides.
- The Americas. The Grand America Hotel and Little America Hotel were a complete surprise. They are the cleanest, most sparkling hotels I have ever stayed in; no joke! These properties are not to be underrated.
- Highly Walkable Downtown. There are multiple hotels within walking distance of the Convention Center, which gives you a small town/big city vibe that is welcoming and unique.
- Hipster Elements. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a wacky, fun hipster, techy vibe to downtown. People are NICE and fun and incredibly helpful everywhere you go.
- Transportation Bonus. Free use of the TRAX line in the Downtown region
- Whether you’re looking for a traditional corporate event or something more unique, Salt Lake City has plenty to offer. From team building activities to corporate retreats, there are plenty of great corporate event venue options in Utah that will make your event a hit. With the help of event planners in Salt Lake City, you can create an amazing corporate event that your guests will never forget.
A Brief History of Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City was founded on July 24th, 1847 by a group of Mormon pioneers led by Brigham Young. The settlers had traveled thousands of miles from the Midwest and were looking for a place to build their new life. They chose the Great Salt Lake Valley due to its abundant resources and beautiful views. During their journey, they named the region after the salt lake they found in the area.
We know, it's rude to talk about religion. We encourage you not to get hung up on the religious history. Today, Salt Lake City is a vibrant metropolitan city with a diverse culture and economy. It has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States, attracting people from all over the world to experience its unique sights and activities. For Salt Lake City event planners, there are countless ways to create amazing corporate events that represent a range of people and personalities.
Hip Activities in Salt Lake City
When it comes to fun and unique activities, Salt Lake City has something for everyone. Here's our short list of the hippest activities:
- Lake Effect. Located steps away from the Salt Palace, Lake Effect is a hidden gem. Originally built in 1910 and known as the Hotel Victor, in 2017 it was converted into an elegant bar with lots of private events space for hosting VIP receptions.
- Mar | Muntanya. This stunning rooftop restaurant and bar in the Hyatt Regency is not to be missed. You cannot match the views!
- Red Iguana. They say it's killer Mexican food that's worth the wait... and they're correct! The food is delicious and the vibe is energetic and fun. This is a great option for a dine-around - be sure to ask about their private event space.
Mountain Activities in the Surrounding Salt Lake City Area
Salt Lake City offers a wealth of mountain activities within easy reach. Just a short drive from downtown, the Wasatch Mountains provide a variety of activities for any level of adventurer. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful and scenic hike, challenging technical climbing routes, or an exciting day of downhill skiing and snowboarding, the Wasatch has something to offer. Check out a couple of our highlights:
- The Slopes. Where else in the world can you have a hip urban adventure with (6) premier ski areas within 45 minutes? Winter sports junkies will love it, but you can also enjoy incredible summer activities at the mountain resorts. This provides a unique corporate event planning opportunity - you can go full urban (stay in town), a blend of urban/outdoors (day trips to the mountains) or skip the city and take your team on a unique mountain retreat. Check out Alta Ski Area, Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort, Brighton Ski Resort, Solitude Mountain Resort, Park City Mountain Resort or Deer Valley Ski Resort. Just beware that Alta and Deer Valley are skier-only mountains.
- The Cliff Spa at Snowbird. This is the ultimate apres ski activity. As you sit below the granite peaks of Mount Superior with snow drifts blowing about, the steam from the heated pool and spa creates a mystical allure. It's a perfect way to end a day of outdoor adventuring or corporate networking.
- The Bonneville Shoreline Trail. This is a popular destination, with breathtaking views of the Salt Lake Valley and access to many smaller trails along the way.
The Convention Scene in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City is home to an impressive variety of convention centers and event spaces. Whether you’re looking for an intimate gathering or a large-scale corporate event, Salt Lake City has plenty to offer.
- Hosting a City-Wide. The Salt Palace Convention Center is so good, it deserves an extra special spotlight. Salt Palace Convention Center is the largest conference center in Utah, featuring over 150,000 square feet of meeting space, more than 20 exhibit halls, and 45 meeting rooms. With its central downtown location and easy access to airports, hotels, and restaurants, you can create a uniquely walkable, urban event. And don't forget how committed they are to sustainability!
- The Grand America Hotel and Little America Hotel and Conference Center. Located across the street from each other, the Grand America and Little America are a fantastic option for a hotel-based corporate event.
- The Cliff Lodge and Spa. Want to take your group to the mountains? The Cliff has ample meeting space and provides breathtaking views of the Wasatch Mountains.
- Montage Deer Valley. If you're hosting executives or VIPs, you cannot go wrong with the Montage Deer Valley. Every detail and the service is divine.
Whatever type of corporate event you’re planning, you’ll be sure to find the right venue and activities in Salt Lake City that fits your needs. From modern convention centers to historic landmarks, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.
Interested in designing an amazing offsite experience in Salt Lake City or the surrounding area? Let's dream something up together!
You might Also Like
Are your all-hands meetings a snooze-fest? Here's how to change that!
Engaging globally distributed teams presents some interesting challenges. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to create excitement. Here are some tips for how to create all-hands meetings that eliminate the snooze-factor and actually get your employees engaged, inspired, and ready to take action. Let’s get started!Read More
The Essential Checklist for an Unforgettable Team Offsite
Are you tasked with organizing a team offsite and feeling overwhelmed? Whether you are an event professional or a corporate team, this essential checklist will help you plan an amazing team offsite that your team will love and remember for years to come. With the right planning, you can create an incredible team offsite that is both meaningful and fun.Read More
Event Planning Tips: Strategies for a Successful Corporate Conference
Getting your event planned and off the ground can seem like an impossible task. How should you go about completing the million “minor” tasks? Where do you even start? Take heart if you're scratching your head about planning an event. It’s second nature for expert organizers to rely on a wide variety of techniques to guarantee the success of their events. Even the experts may have challenges making an event successful, but foresight and knowledge can help you work through the difficulties. Anticipating these issues will help ensure your event runs smoothly. Check out our top event planning tips for making your customer conference, user conference or trade show successful and stress-free.Read More